James M. Fox, M.D.
Meet Dr. James Fox. Having come from a medical family with a father who specialized in infectious diseases, Dr. Fox knew early that he wanted to go into medicine. “I knew in third grade that I wanted to be a doctor,” he says. He specializes in sports medicine. When asked what he enjoys about his particular specialty, his answer is simple: “My patients. I’ve been blessed with an overabundance of bright, intelligent, communicating patients who make every day in my practice fun.” At this particular practice, Dr. Fox enjoys the expertise of this team of doctors. “I enjoy knowing that they practice the highest level of care I’ve seen, and I enjoy the mutual respect each doctor has for all their fellow physicians.”
Dr. Fox takes pride in his “wonderful children and grandchildren.” Of his varied interests outside the office, he notes, “I enjoy a great glass of single malt scotch, people, hiking,
walking, good sushi, eating at a bar where the bartender knows me and meeting interesting people from all walks of life—people who have something to share.”
Dr. Fox graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison and the orthopaedic program of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City. He served as a major in the United States Air Force for two years before going into private practice in 1976. Dr. Fox has also participated as a team physician for numerous local high schools and junior colleges throughout the San Fernando Valley. Professionally, he has written an extensive list of scientific publications, book chapters and textbooks for his fellow physicians and the general public. He has been fortunate to have lectured throughout the world, including Europe, Australia, Argentina, Japan and China. “My proudest professional achievement is having the opportunity to meet fellow professors
around the entire globe and learn so much from them,” he notes.
Dr. Fox’s additional certifications and distinctions include:
- Founding Partner of the Southern California Orthopedic Institute
- Board Certified by the America Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member of the America Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, America
- College of Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America and numerous other societies
- First fellow in sports medicine at the National Athletic Health Institute in Inglewood, CA, 1973-1974 working with doctors Kerlan, Jobe and Blazina
- Worked with the Olympic soccer program in 1984
- Listed in Marquis “Who’s Who” and also in their medical professional’s edition