Robert H. Fields, M.D.
Meet Dr. Robert H. Fields. He enjoys orthopaedics because he sees “interesting people with interesting problems.” When it comes to his style of treating patients, he says, “I like to keep a relaxed and very focused atmosphere; there’s no tension in my room,” adding that his patients would describe him as “personal.”
His specialties include:
- General Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery
Originally from New York City, Dr. Fields lives in the West Valley with his wife and children and has been practicing in the area since 1986. “My proudest achievement is building a successful community with a great group of professionals who supply great care to the community,” he says. “It’s a daily thing.”
In addition to being team physician for many local football teams, activities he enjoys in his time outside the office include golfing, hiking, going to the gym and playing guitar. When asked when he began playing guitar, he says, “I played guitar when I heard the Beatles in 1964".
Dr. Fields attended Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH, for his bachelor’s degree and New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY, for medical school, completing a surgery internship at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City, followed by an Orthopaedic Residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, NY. He completed fellowship training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at the Washington Orthopaedic and Knee Clinic under the direction of Mike Malek, M.D., in Oxon Hill, MD.
Dr. Fields’ additional certifications and distinctions include:
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member of the California Orthopaedic Association, and the Los Angeles County and California Medical Associations
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles County Medical Association and on the Board of Trustees at West Hills Hospital and Surgery Center
- Qualified Medical Examiner (QME) for the State of California Industrial Medical Council